At Explore Beyond (a program of NCTA – The Internet & Television Association), we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
What Do We Mean by Personal Information?
What Information Do We Collect?
As you use the Explore Beyond Digital Assets, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of the Explore Beyond Digital Assets, including pages you view and resources you access. This information can include data about the website that referred you to the Explore Beyond Digital Assets, the time you access the Explore Beyond Digital Assets, what data you access, location data, and other technical information concerning your device and your activity on the Explore Beyond Digital Assets.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, sign up to receive email newsletters from us, or take part in online surveys we may ask for information such as your name, email address, and zip code. We also allow you to provide us with information about your interests related to the internet and television industries, and your feedback regarding your experiences with these industries, including through audio or video recordings.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- Information that you post or share in public areas, such as feedback sections or message boards. When you share information in this way, it becomes public and can be read, collected, and used by other users of the services. Please do not post in any public area personal information that you expect to keep private.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer. Please note, however, that disabling cookies may cause certain features and functions of our Website to not work properly. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org/.
A web beacon is a small piece of software code on a web page or email that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website or newsletter, e.g. whether you opened the email. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including to count visitors to the Explore Beyond Digital Assets, to monitor how users navigate the Explore Beyond Digital Assets, to count how many emails from us were actually opened, to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed, or to advertise our events and initiatives to you on our partner or third-party websites. To learn more about the use of this information or to opt out of our potential use of web beacons for Explore Beyond events and initiatives, please visit OptOut.AboutAds.info.
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website or online service that a user visits to indicate that the user does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to those signals. For more information regarding Do Not Track mechanisms, see allaboutdnt.com.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our Explore Beyond Digital Assets and other services to you. In addition, when you provide us with your personal feedback regarding your experiences with the internet and television industries including through video or audio recordings, we may publish that feedback on our website or use it for other purposes. We also may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and process any of your requests for emails, newsletters or other information, including verifying that your email address and other information is active and valid.
- To communicate with you, for example, by sending you newsletters, tips, or other emails relevant to our industry.
- To provide information to you relating to communications and other products that may be of interest to you.
- To protect or defend the rights, privacy, property, safety or security of any individual or entity, including NCTA or third parties.
When Do We Disclose Your Information?
- Where we are required to respond to subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required by law.
- At the request of government authorities.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- To third parties who may be contracted to assist in the operation of the Explore Beyond Digital Assets, parties providing services on our behalf, and/or parties serving/placing ads on our behalf. These service providers are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to us, and may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- In the event that we transfer some or all of our business to a successor.
- Other instances where we obtain your consent.
We do not sell or disclose your information to third parties for their use in marketing and/or research.
How Do We Secure Your Data?
We maintain physical, technical, and administrative security safeguards to protect information that we collect about you that we collect or store. Please be aware, however, that no information security program can provide absolute assurance. As a result, we cannot guarantee that we will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information.
Third Party Links
Note To Parents
The Explore Beyond Digital Assets are intended for use by a general audience. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children younger than thirteen (13) years of age on or through the Explore Beyond Digital Assets. If we become aware that a child under thirteen has submitted personal information on or through the Explore Beyond Digital Assets, we will immediately delete such information.
How To Contact Us
Powered by NCTA – The Internet & Television Association
25 Massachusetts Ave., NW – Suite 100
Washington, DC 20001
Email: [email protected]