The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is in grave danger.
Funding for the federal program, which provides free or low-cost internet to eligible households across the country, is expected to run out in April 2024.
Why it matters: Without swift action from Congress, over 22 million households currently dependent on the program for internet service could lose their ACP benefit.
How you can help: You can take action to help save the ACP. Tap the button below to make your voice heard today by contacting your members of Congress and urging them to support the extension of ACP.
Click above for simple instructions to send your message –
all you need to do is fill in your information and press the “SEND EMAIL” button.
Just a few moments of your time could make a significant difference. Join us in preserving the Affordable Connectivity Program, ensuring millions of Americans maintain access to this vital benefit.
What’s Happening Right Now?
Affordable Connectivity Program funding is expected to run out in April 2024 unless Congress takes action.
- Proposed legislation to provide additional ACP funding was recently introduced in Congress.
- While the bill is bipartisan, it is encountering some obstacles on its path to passage. But we can play a crucial role by motivating our legislators to support the bill – take action.
Without additional funding from Congress yet to be locked in, the ACP is taking steps to wind down.
- February 7, 2024: This is the last day that the ACP will accept new applications and enrollments. Eligible households must be approved and enrolled with an internet company by 11:59 PM ET on February 7th to receive the ACP benefit.
- Starting late January 2024: Households currently receiving a monthly ACP benefit will start to receive notices from their internet providers with information about the end of the ACP benefit. This information will include the timing of the end of the program and the impact of the loss of the benefit on the household’s bill and service.
- April 2024: ACP funding is projected to run out in April 2024 if Congress does not provide additional funding. Consumers who are enrolled in the ACP will continue to receive their benefit through April 2024. This date is an estimate and may change.
Continuing the Fight
Let’s not lose hope.
Help us advocate for the extension of the ACP – take action today.
Our collective efforts can shape the future and secure this essential benefit for those in need. Thank you for joining the fight to save the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Together, we can make a difference.